I'm following in my sister's footsteps and moving on from MySpace and Facebook. I'm not addicted, but I know I spend WAY more time on those sights than I need to, so it's time to re-focus.
Tomorrow is Carter's second birthday and I cannot believe it. I went through pictures of him last night - from his birth until now. I had forgotten what a chunk he was when he was first born and about the blocked tear ducts that we fought with for what seemed like forever at the time. Then there were the pics from his hospital stay when his asthma kicked in. I felt so absolutely helpless and was so scared for him! Talk about a wake-up call for mommy!
I remember telling my doctor six weeks after delivery that I did not like my child and I can still visualize the shock in his face. I had taken the Post-Partum Depression tests and passed... it was just that Carter didn't sleep well and was ALWAYS fussy unless you were holding him. That was so unlike how Lucas was that I just didn't know what else to do with him.
Anyway... the first night we stayed in the hospital, all my anxiety towards my precious little boy finally ceased. I don't know why it took me realizing that I could LOSE my child for me to finally appreciate my child, but it did. And I hate that. He is our little fighter. Nothing seems to scare him and although he eats enough for Lucas and himself, he's still our little half-pint.
I'm so thankful that God made ME his mommy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment